Life is good when friends give up their day of rest and cook/bake to celebrate one's birthday...
Yesterday was Thaipusam, a public holiday and eve of my birthday. A friend had organised a home-cooked lunch to celebrate my "big" day. We were gonna have a nasi lemak lunch ala nyonya - prawns, fish and sambal. Her other half baked wholesome delicious bread. Another friend baked butter cake and yet another friend brought fried chicken and meat balls.
Earlier, as I was driving to my friend's place, I had reflected that life is good when one can count on your family/friends. I was even more touched when I realised the extent my friends went to just for my birthday. For me, it was enough that I was going to spend quality time with them especially when they could have done more chill out time on their own. But to see the time and energy they spent cooking/baking... it was really something.
My life has been one heck of a ride - ups and downs, downs and ups. After much reflection and introspection, I've decided that I can't run away from what/who I am. I need to embrace my inner psyche and relish in being the person I've become. More importantly, I need to be aware of my own strengths and weaknesses; to be conscious of my own "projections" and "shadows".
I think it's ok to think about the "what ifs" and "if only" - if it makes one wiser. But life is too short and way too precious to linger and waste on the what-maybes...
I am Aphrodite and therefore, I am...
No comments:
Post a Comment